Follow my blog with Bloglovin I'm adding this to this post to claim this blog on Bloglovin. You can follow me here or through my sidebar :)
Back to my post now. So my hubby and I have been walking and adding a little running in since before school got out. We get up first thing in the morning and head to the local walking path at the park near our house. You have to get out early here on the NC coast before the humidity and heat set in for the day, especially right now. Thankfully we are usually blessed with a breeze so it makes it a little more tolerable.
We walked 35 miles in May, 59 miles in June and so far 43 in July. During the last week we have gotten serious about the running part. For weeks we would do 1-2 workouts a week where we would run certain parts of the track, but the workouts were hit or miss as well as how much we would run when we did them. However they have paid off now that we are serious. This morning we went out to do 3 miles which is 4 laps. We warmed up a little and ran for awhile. The second lap we started at the starting point running and I managed to run the full 3/4 mile lap! I was so excited and just kept pushing. Hubby ran most of the way. He would take quick walk breaks and start up again (I mean like less than a minute breaks). He stayed ahead of me the whole lap but he's learning to pace himself better for the longer runs. I'm a slow runner so going longer is easy for me, but this morning that felt like I conquered a major hurdle. We ran more during the 3rd and 4th lap and had a wonderful time. We would take some walk breaks together and then start up again. It felt great. We managed 3 miles in 42 minutes which shaved a minute off of our time on Saturday! It was exciting and motivating and I can't wait for Wednesday to do it again. Tomorrow we will just walk maybe, I'm trying not to overdo, but want some cardio everyday. Tomorrow I will also hopefully get up and go to the gym and do my weight workout. However 5am comes early and we don't have kids tonight so we may be up late watching Spartacus. :)
This Week's Workout Goals:
Monday: run/walk 3 miles, 20 pushups (girlie ones), 30 crunches, 30 lower ab crunches, yoga/stretching
Tuesday: gym for weight work, walk 3 miles (if weather is good), 20 pushups (girlie ones), 30 crunches, 30 lower ab crunches
Wednesday: run/walk 3 miles, 20 pushups (girlie ones), 30 crunches, 30 lower ab crunches, yoga/stretching
Thursday: gym for weight work, walk 3 miles, 20 pushups (girlie ones), 30 crunches, 30 lower ab crunches
Friday: run/walk 3 miles, 20 pushups (girlie ones), 30 crunches, 30 lower ab crunches, yoga
Saturday: walk 3 miles, gym for weight work, 30 crunches, 30 lower ab crunches
Sunday: rest or walk, 20 pushups (girlie ones), 30 crunches, 30 lower ab crunches
Wish us luck! When the kids are home, they participate in our pushup challenge with us. Got to get my oldest in shape for upcoming middle school football season, however this week he is off having a wonderful adventure at Boy Scout camp. I can't wait to hear about how white water rafting, visiting the National Jamboree, New River Gorge, a coal mine and the Lost World Caverns is. I am hoping he has a blast in West Virginia (which may be the farthest he's been from home).
I also plan on joining in on 100% Accountability Monday's at Run to the Finish.
My goals for this week are to make my 3 gym workouts and drink my water everyday (at least 64 oz).
Have a wonderful day! Hopefully I'll check back in tomorrow (and my legs won't be killing me)!
No comments:
Post a Comment